Mercedes Auto Maintenance Tips to Extend Your Vehicle’s Life
September 29, 2017
If you’re a Mercedes Benz owner, you’ve made an investment that can bring you many years of enjoyment while showing the world that you have great taste in automobiles. Mercedes is one of the most recognized brands in the world and they’re not cheap! That’s why it is in your best interest to extend the life of your vehicle by performing regular preventive maintenance.
Here are some tips for providing basic Mercedes Benz maintenance that will help to extend the life of your car and protect your investment.
- Keep It Clean! This might seem like common sense, but the fact is that keeping a clean car, inside and out can not only help your vehicle to hold value, but can help to extend the life of your car. Regular washing can remove dirt, grime, and road chemicals that can damage your car’s paint and promote rust, especially in colder climates where road salt is used. Keeping the interior clean can bring you a better price when it’s time to trade up!
- Regularly Check Fluid Levels: You should check oil, coolant and window washing fluid each week. Power steering, brake and transmission fluid should be checked monthly. Your fluids are the life blood of your vehicle. Make sure when servicing your Mercedes Benz to have any fluids that are low topped off.
- Get Regular Tune-Ups: Regular tune-ups can keep your car on the road longer and improve your gas mileage. Tune-ups are important and you should stick to the scheduled maintenance plan outlined in your owner’s manual.
- Keep an Eye on Your Tires! Make sure your tire pressure is always up to spec. You should also rotate your tires every six months or so to ensure optimal handling and proper tire wear. This can not only extend the life of your tires, but improve your gas mileage as well.
- Keep Your Mercedes Garaged: Your Mercedes is a major investment. The best way to protect it from the elements is to keep it garaged whenever possible. If you don’t have access to garage space, buy a cover to keep it protected.
If you live in the Denver area and need Mercedes Benz parts or repair services, please contact Paddock Imports. We provide expert Mercedes repair service and regular maintenance that can keep your car running great and extend its life so you can have years of enjoyment from it!